Mitel Announces New Go-to-Market Strategy
Unveils Global Partner Program
- Consolidates and unifies partner program across regions starting in Q2 2018.
- Helps partners realize the benefits and flexibility for thriving in today’s UCC market.
- Reflects commitment to deliver advanced applications.
- Leverages two-tier distribution as part of go-to-market strategy.
MUNICH, Germany and OTTAWA, March 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Mitel® (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW), a global leader in business communications, today announced its integrated Global Partner Program, which will launch in April of 2018. Building on the strengths of previous Mitel and ShoreTel programs, the combined program delivers a clear path for partners to thrive in today’s dynamic unified communications and collaboration (UCC) market, delivering exceptional customer experience while effectively driving growth and profitability.
The partner program is designed around four key pillars:
- Simplicity: Three partner program levels with streamlined requirements make it easier for a partner
to reap immediate benefits.
- Flexibility: A new point-based system measures cloud and on-site partner performance, focusing on
driving cloud growth.
- Velocity: A single program with growth incentives for top-producing partners aims at driving
improved performance and customer outcomes.
- Partnership: A revised approach to allocate marketing funds based on mutually agreed upon business and marketing plans designed to support new business development.
Mitel’s new Global Partner Program includes restructured platinum, gold and authorized certification levels to incentivize and recognize partners driving growth. These include a variety of benefits such as joint marketing funds, growth incentives, marketing and technical assistance, deal registration, and an enhanced demo program.
In addition to the new partner program, Mitel will also increasingly leverage two-tier distribution in support of its overall go-to- market strategy. As part of this effort, the company will consolidate channels to enable a smaller number of distributors to hold increased inventory, provide sales quotations and support, manage certifications and user training, and offer technical support and professional services.
“As cloud, applications and IoT become part of everyday business processes, organizations need the flexibility to collaborate and effectively maximize all tools at their disposal. They also need a partner that brings them these resources,” said Todd Abbott, Executive Vice President, Global Sales and Services, Mitel. “By introducing this new partner program and aggregating our product distribution, we are ensuring our customers have the collaborative technology they need in order to communicate at the pace today’s markets demand.”
“Partnering with Mitel gives us a unique portfolio combined with a recognized industry leader to build our business,” said John Garrett, Chief Executive Officer, CNP Technologies. “Our customers understand they must evolve their communications strategy to compete in their industry segments. Through our partnership with Mitel, they know they are getting access to the best technology available in today’s market.”
“The market is evolving quickly as customers are increasingly looking for cloud-based solutions, and to their technology providers, to help them digitally transform,” said Glen Williams, Chief Executive Officer, Damovo. “Mitel’s ability to support private, public and hybrid solutions enables us to provide customers a vision for their business transformation and the technology to get from where they are today to where they want to be.”
- Mitel is ranked #2 in UCaaS Market Share Worldwide by Synergy Research (Q3 CY2017).
- Mitel recently crossed the one million-seat mark for UCaaS subscribers worldwide.
- Mitel has been recognized as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications for
four consecutive years.
A global market leader in business communications powering more than two billion business connections, Mitel (Nasdaq:MITL) (TSX:MNW) helps businesses and service providers connect, collaborate and provide innovative services to their customers. Our innovation and communications experts serve more than 70 million business users in more than 100 countries. For more information, go to www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel. Mitel is the registered trademark of Mitel Networks Corporation.